Serving size: 4 people
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp.sheer chai/green tea
- 1 ½ cups milk
- Pinch of phull/baking soda.
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. cream/malai (if desired)
- Crushed 4 almond and 2 cardamom (optioal)
- Malai is the thick skin that forms on boiled milk while cooling the milk. This skin is skimmed off and used as a garnish on top of tea.
- Put ½ cup of water, tea and baking soda in a saucepan.
- Concentrate the tea by boiling on burner without cover until color of tea turns reddish brown.
- Add one more cup of water and boil again for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water again and boil for about 2 minutes.
- Add salt to taste
- Add milk, color of tea will turn pink.
- Boil the tea again for 1 minute uncovered.
- Serve the tea hot and garnish with some cream/malai (if available and desired).
- Add crushed almond and cardamom if desired.
Note: Correct measure of baking soda is the key for getting nice pink color of tea. Slightly more baking soda will turn tea dark and less soda will not turn tea pink.
FINALLY Don’t forget to SHARE with your loved ones !