500 gm basmati Rice
3 bay leaves
1 inch cinammon
½ cup cream
½ cup finely chopped pineapples and ½ cup canned cherries
½ cup chopped almonds , cashewnuts and pista
20 gms cumin seeds
2 tbsp ghee
1 gm saffron
½ cup milk
2 tbsp sugar
Salt to taste
- Pick wash and soak the rice in warm water for 50 mins.
- Heat Ghee, add in the whole garam masala, cumin seeds, sauté the rice and cook in warm water. Ensure that the grains are all separate.
- Just little before the rice is to be done prepare a mixture of cream, milk, sugar dry fruits and the chopped canned fruits – pineapple & cherries.
- Pour this over the rice and allow for a sweet fragrance.
- Finally add in the saffron dissolved in warm milk.